Old December 23rd 03, 04:21 AM
MAD

If you want a budget card atleast get a 5600XT or Ultra.
They are pretty good cards for the price. Much, much, better than the 5200's
..
If you like demo's the 5600XT will run the Dawn, Dawn Ultra, and Dusk demos
from Nvidia.

The 5200's??? Well, I could barely get Dawn to run on my system with a 5200
Ultra.

I'll stick with my 5700 Ultra
It scores 4000 points higher at stock speeds than a 5600 does overclocked on
my system.

"Bradley" wrote in message
I want to upgrade my video card from a GeForce 3 Ti200 to a GeForce FX

5200
but f*cking nvidia uses different terminology on each description of the
card so that I will have no way in hell of comparing them except for the
differences in bandwidth. I know that the GeForce 3 Ti200 has a maximum
bandwidth of 6.4GB/sec vs. the GeForce Fx 5200 at 10.4GB/sec. Now, I am
thinking that the extra bandwidth difference alone is enough to warrant

this
small upgrade considering the GeForce FX 5200 I am looking at is only
$89.99. Is my thinking correct? And last of all, what the hell is an
integrated TV tuner. If it's something I can hook up my cable tv up too

and
record movies/shows to hard drive cool. If its just a fancy way of saying

it
has TV-OUT, big f*cking deal. Thanks for all comments.