Old September 21st 09, 06:20 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Rick F

Default Anyone know how to hot-wire a 6400R CPU fan for a few minutes while Isnarf a file of it?

We had a power surge over the weekend and it took out a CPU fan on my
Proliant 6400R -- apparently the replacement parts are starting to get
a bit scarce on these models and I can't find an easy & cheap
replacement anymore.. All I need is a replacement fan or if someone
can tell me how to temporarily hot-wire the thing to keep the BIOS
happy so the server won't power itself off.. Any suggestions/ideas
until I can find a suitable replacement would be appreciated.. Hmm ..
What about removing that CPU? Would that work?