Old July 9th 04, 10:53 PM
Rik

"newsgroups.bellsouth.net" schreef in bericht
. ..
"Rik" wrote in message
ll.nl...
If I go to my Ati Radeon 9600 in Device Manager it says Driver Version
6.14.10.6396, but I don't see anything mentioned about Catalyst. Perhaps

should look elsewhere?

This is the Catalyst version number for Catalyst driver version 3.9, the
latest Catalyst drivers available are 4.7...

www.ati.com

"Download latest CATALYST T for Windows XP (29MB) - Version 4.7"

If I right click on my desktop and go to properties, then go to

Settings,
then I see only one image of a monitor and below it says Multiple

Monitors
on ATI RADEON 9600 series. If I then click on Advanced and click the
Displays tab I see three images: a CRT monitor, a TV and a Flat Panel
monitor. Both the Monitor and FPD buttons are green (enabled). The FPD

is
set as primary with the round icon (I learned that the round icon sets

it
as
primary from the help files). If I set the FPD as primary then the prima
icon for Monitor automatically switches to the Clone icon (so it clones

the
primary screen to the second one). There is nowehere an option to

'Extend
my
Windows desktop onto this monitor'.

If you update to the latest Catalysts, then the instructions that I gave
should be correct. It has been so long since I used the 3.9 Catalysts

that
I couldn't be of help there...

Download the Cat 4.7s, go to "Add/Remove Programs" in the control panel

and
remove the ATI Control panel ( don't reboot ) and then the ATI Display
Driver ( reboot ), Double-click the Cat 4.7 package and follow install
instructions. Choose "Express Installation"...

In Add/Remove Programs I have:

ATI software uninstall utility
ATI control panel
ATI display driver

You didn't mention 'ATI software uninstall utility'. Don't I have to remove
that one? If I do have to remove it, do I remove that one first, or?

Thanks,

Rik.