Old July 4th 04, 01:16 AM
+c0re-

It's an nforce2 board, and the nvidia utitily that came with it has those
little charts, with the yellow line showing the "ideal" voltage and a red
one showing what I assume to be the upper limit of the tolerance. My Vcore
was substatially into the red, but I've set it to lower now, and the voltage
sensors report it as being 1.65. No stability issues either it seems.

thanks for the help!

"ICee" wrote in message
news
David Maynard wrote:
ICee wrote:
+c0re- wrote:

Thanks
the motherboard is setting it to 1.65 but the voltage diagnostics
sofware (and the bios voltage monitor) reports it as being higher
than this.

Very often the actual voltage will be something other than nominal;
as long as it's within 5% of nominal (excluding overclocking of
course), there should be no problem.

How did you arrive at 5%?

The Barton and Thoroughbred cores aren't listed here, but it seems in
most cases, where it does list the voltage swing, the CPU has a +- 0.1V
tolerance, which comes out to be around 6%. So I stand corrected: it
should be 6%.
http://users.erols.com/chare/elec.htm

"ICee" wrote in message

+c0re- wrote:

Not a 64 chip, just a regular barton 400fsb 3200+.

I thought it was 1.65 but my mainboard seems to be setting it
higher by default.

can anyone clarify please?

1.65V. What is the MB setting it to?
http://www.amdboard.com/barton.html