Old November 29th 03, 07:12 PM
Van Nastring

I can stop the fan while its running? The motor won't burn out? Also that
ZALMAN is just a massive heat sink? That thing looks huge, how many pci
slots does it cover up? How much is it? I also don't know how to unplug
the fan, it looks like a little plug, but it own't come off

"Navin R. Johnson" wrote in message
On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 22:57:20 -0500, "Van Nastring"
wrote:

Is it safe to unplug it for a couple minutes so I can see if that is

where
all the noise is coming from?
I have an MSI Ti4200 128MB AGP 8X

Why don't you just stick your finger on it while it's running? It won't
cut you or shock you. Also, a noisy or slow fan can sometimes be fixed
with a drop of 3in1 oil. Just remove the sticker from the underside of
the fan and the rubber stopper, if there is one, then put one small drop
of oil on the sleeve bearing. Have fun.

NRJ