Old March 6th 12, 09:03 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Stephen[_4_]

Default Can you use ecc ram on a non-ecc motherboard, such as ga-m68m-s2p

On Tue, 21 Feb 2012 13:08:14 -0500, Paul wrote:

The modules should fit, as I don't think UDIMM versus UDIMM ECC makes
any difference to slot keying. The BIOS could choose to ignore the
ECC, and if for some reason the extra eight bits weren't wired up,
it shouldn't hurt anything.

Hello,

Just to let you know I put the ECC RAM into the new, non-ECC
motherboard and like you predicted, it works fine. It is 800 and board
supports up to 1066, so I wonder whether I would see a difference
upgrading to that speed?

Thanks,
Stephen.