Old November 16th 05, 08:00 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Default Canon Users - Do You Believe????

fb wrote:

Taliesyn wrote:

Davy wrote:

Ron,
I was reading somewhere when refilling it's better to leave standing
for 24 hours prior to using and yet I read you insert them straight
away.

Obviously you fill the tanks nice and slow to avoid getting air into
them and not to over fill, be glad if you clarified the above after
filling as to leaving them to settle.

I have several sets of cartridges in rotation for my 3 printers. When a
particular color cartridge reads 'low' I remove the whole color set
(except for the large BCI-3e) and put in 4 refilled cartridges I kept in
storage. Then I refill the ones I took out and put them in storage. They
may not be used again for a month or two, so that will give them
plenty of time to stabilize. I refill rather slowly at first, putting
in just enough in the empty chamber to let the sponge soak it all up.
Once the sponge has stopped absorbing, I fill the chamber rather
quickly, leaving
about 4 or 5/16ths of air at the top. No fuss, no mess, no gloves, no
sink. Works fine for me. . .

-Taliesyn

This is very good advice for those would be first time refillers seeking
procedural instructions. This type of informative instruction from an
actual user is exactly what this ng should be about.
Thanks.
Frank

THIS IS TERRIBLE ADVICE. THE BEST ADVICE THAT WILL HAVE THE HIGHEST
PROBABILITY OF PRTECTING YOUR PRINTER IS TO USE CANON OEM CARTS