Old November 16th 05, 04:50 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Default Canon Users - Do You Believe????

Jim wrote:

I buy my cartridges from a guy on ebay.

WHY NOT BUY THEM FROM A GUY ON THE STREET

I've been using them for a
couple of years with no problems in my I860.
I bought a set of cartridges at a computer show.

* The color was really
bad. *

I ruined about 50 photos before I noticed the problem.
I installed cartridges from the ebay guy and the problem did not go
away. I didn't realize that the ink in the sponge at the head had to
work it's way out. When that finally happened the prints came out
fine.
Every bit as good as genuine Canon ones.

The sellers ebay id is abacusInk

A REAL WINNER

My last purchase from him was for 4 complete sets, 20 cartridges in
all. The cost was 40.80. That is about what 1 set of cannon
cartridges would be.
I realize that it's more than the reinking cost but there is no fuss
or bother.
I have no relationship with abacusink other than as a customer.

WHAT A WASTE

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 19:48:00 GMT, measekite
wrote:

How many people out their believe in using 3rd party inks? If so what
is your brand, printer, paper and your experience with them. How long
have you been using them and how often do you print. How many of you
have had problems with print clogging the head, fading, lower quality
print results?

How much of a mess is it to refill cartridges and how long does it
take. How can you tell when the tank is running low without having to
remove the cart and inspect is physically?

If you only print every couple of weeks with you have a clogging problem
with non factory ink? I have no problems now with my Canon Pixma IP4000
but spending half of what you paid for the printer for ink is high.
Also spending $75 for a print head is out of line when I just saw the
IP4000 for a net price of $100 at Frys after a $30 instant rebate plus a
$20 mail in rebate.