Old September 9th 03, 04:54 PM
klausa2

Default 8KNXP, How to boot from SATA if PATA present?

Hi,

I have a PATA drive connected to IDE0 master, and one SATA connected
to ICH5R, SATA 0. Both have a bootable W2K partition and boot well if
only on is present. But if both drives are connected the pc alway
boots from the PATA drive. How can I change that? I set OnChip SATA
manual, to SATA0, Raid disabled,. onboard GigaRAID and Onboard SATA
disabled. Bottorder1. floppy, 2. cdrom, 3 HDD-0. There seems to be no
SATA in the bootorder, not even a SATA-RAID or PATA-Raid. Any ideas?
TIA - Klaus