Old January 3rd 04, 10:56 AM
Darthy

On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 03:01:06 GMT, "TFM®"
wrote:

I know I'm speaking antiquated technology here, but the thing is I just
built this computer from parts garnered from a computer show.

I put an Epox 8KHA+ together with a Duron 1.4 (overclocked to 1825 mhz
(145x13) 256 PC2100 DDR RAM and a cheapo, show special, NVIDIA GeForce4
MX440)

The computer in the other room sports an Athlon XP1800+ and a GeForce3
TI200.

Needless to say, it beats me marginally in all areas of performance, but
totally smokes my ass on the video.

I have a TI200 coming in the mail shortly. Will this offer me substantially
better video performance, or will I have to get a real Athlon?

Its a bit faster.... Hope it was cheap.... ($25 used) They were very
good cards.... but better than any MX440 card easily.

A $75 Ti4200 would have been a big improvement.

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!