Old January 10th 09, 04:05 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq,alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
W[_3_]

Default Question on P600 Controller Slot Change

"William R. Walsh" wrote in message
At this point, I strongly feel that the safest thing you can do is to
back up all of your data and verify that the backups are good.

Once you've done that, clear off the disks, and arrange both disks and
controller hardware in the correct way. Then get the system back up
and restore your backups.

I don't think you can accomplish this any other way, especially if the
hardware isn't currently installed in the right way.

And if we do all of this work and duplicate the same result, then what?

Your solution just avoids the problem rather than understanding the cause.