Old August 27th 04, 09:38 PM

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 17:27:41 GMT, Wes Newell
wrote:

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 11:56:45 +0000, Spock wrote:

Hi,

My case (Nexus Breeze) has been supplied with small metal clips and screws
with fibre washers to mount the mobo. I'm installing an MSI board and I
wonder if I should use these washers as they will insulate the top of the
board from the chassis.

So, insulating washers or not??

Yes they're ok !. Common fare since the K6-2

Shouldn't matter. I've never used them on hundreds of builds. Well, maybe
I have just to get it out of my sight. But metal clips? I'd be careful
with these and I don't know what they are unless you're talking about
brass standoffs which are common.

Like you Wes, I use the brass turrets, but providing the fibre is
twixt the screw and the MOBO top they seem ok.

They are however an ' iffy ' item, cheap-as-chips proper brass turrets
can be had from any OEM supplier

BoroLad