Old August 27th 04, 08:32 PM
Spock

:: Just speculation, but many lower cost cases come with "square"
:: standoffs that clip onto the case as opposed to being screwed in. I
:: believe this is what he is referring to. Depending on the size of
:: the top of the clip (where the threads are .... the part that will
:: sit against the motherboard) you may want to go ahead and use the
:: insulators on them. The only ones I have ever seen were still small
:: enough to not cause a problem, but just check to make sure you wont
:: be shorting any traces on the PCB with the clip type standoffs.

Thanks for the replys.

Yes, they are the square metal standoffs that just clip into the case, the
tops are small enough not to cause any shorts.
I don't see how it is possible to put the insulation washers UNDER the
board, without resorting to glue or something to hold them in place, it
seems it's not important anyway.

Thanks again.
Mike