Old August 8th 04, 08:31 AM
Mike B

Default Athlon 64 questions

My new athlon XP system just got fried..

I have some questions. I've heard the Athlon64 3200+ can beat a P4 3.2 EE in
most tests. Is this true, and is there any reason why one would buy the P4
over the A64 other than bias?

Also, i'm a bit confused now.. I see A64 3200+ listed at pricewatch.. some
are listed as 1600mhz, and some listed at 2.2ghz. is the 1600mhz just
describing the fsb? and do they all run at 2.2ghz?

Lastly, i see there are some that have 1mb of cache as apposed to 512 for
around the same price. Is there a catch that i'm missing?

--
www.geocities.com/mtb2k -personal website