Old July 27th 04, 02:21 PM
Marcio Esper

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 19:05:39 +0000, Byron Hinson wrote:

Currently I am on a AMD 2100+ CPU system, with Radeon 9600XT graphics card -
I get about 3700 mark in 3D Mark 2003. I am considering buying a PC that has
an AMD 64 3000+ chip in it - will I notice a major performance jump?

I use an 3000+ with MSI K8T Neo with promise raid sata working in 2260MHz
, it is very fast and easy to overclock, no problem, no crash, a real grey
supercomputer

from login the kde boot in less than 2.5s using the mdk 86_64
some programs like kpovmodeler, evolution , gimp etc start imediately, you
click the menu the program open like a flah if you not look with very
atention you miss the splash screen

Cya,

Marcio