Old July 11th 04, 04:36 AM
Bojo

Go to newegg.com

CHAINTECH "VNF3-250" nForce3 250 Chipset Motherboard for AMD Socket 754
CPU - RETAIL
Item# N82E16813152043 $88.00

AMD Athlon 64 3000+, 512KB L2 Cache 64-bit Processor - Retail
Item# N82E16819103424 $223.00

Total $311.00

"shodedo" wrote in message
Hello all, I am looking to spend around $400 on a cpu/motherboard
bundle. I will be running gentoo linux with an nvidia card so I am
assuming a motherboard with an nforce3 250 chipset is preferrable... Are
there any good reasons for spending the extra $50 or so for the 3200+
over the 3000+ (besides just speed)? I would prefer the 3200+ but I
think the extra money I'd save from buying the 3000+ I could use to buy
more ram. any constructive comments are appreciated, thanks