Old July 6th 04, 08:58 AM
johny

Like Wes said, your Motherboard may not be reporting the temperature right.
Try different temperature reporting software like Hmonitor, Motherboard
Monitor 5, etc and see what you get, or try measuring the temperature
manualy with a temp measuring device, whatever you come up with. If your CPU
is really running at 60-65, thats way too high. When I was running my A64
3200+ air cooled, the highest I would get was 52C or so, about 38C idle with
stock HSF. With todays CPUs, you have to have proper case vent, at least 2
80mm fans, 1 intake 1 exhaus. CPU temp is no longer a problem for me as its
watercooled. 30C idle peeks at 40C under heavy load.
Goodluck

"Jason" wrote in message
om...
Hi all,

Another temperature related question. Reading back through this group
I can see there has been much discussion regarding this. Anyway I
have an AMD 64 3200 with a Gigabyte K8NS Pro motherboard and the CPU
runs at 60-65 degrees when nothing (apart from windows) is running.
Give the CPU something to think about and it reaches 75 degrees.

My question is simple - should I be worried about these kind of
temperatures?

Kind Regards,

Jason