Old June 21st 04, 11:11 PM
KMS

When the HD corrupted it just don't boot into Windows but says that some
files are missing. I think in this case it said SYSTEM.INI... but I could be
wrong.

I quess you are not overclocking? Have you enabled the Cool'n'Quiet in BIOS
and have you installed the software in Windows? I have had some problems
sometimes that after installing the Cool'n'Quiet it is just stuck on the
slowest speed setting... To fix that it helped when I flashed the newest
BIOS and reinstalled the Cool'n'Quiet.

I have Cool'n'Quiet enabled and my case is very cool to touch. (Without
Cool'n'Quiet the case felt pretty warm to touch.) Also the CPU temp is mid
30s, when before it was around 50s. Of course in heavy use the temps
increase...

"Ben Winston" wrote in message
m...
What were the symptoms of your hdd getting corrupted? I too have the
A8V with the 3500+, and once I got XP64 running, it was a real champ,
but for some reason, now the OS seems like it's running at half power
(very slow). I've been thinking about blowing away the install, but I
want to be sure that it's an install issue, and not a
motherbaord/memory/chip issue.

Thanks,
Ben

"KMS" wrote in message

I suspect the AGP/PCI lock does not work, because I got my HD corrupted

when
overclocked the "FSB" to 224MHz.