Old May 16th 04, 12:20 AM
Craig Coope

"Wes Newell" wrote in message
newsan.2004.05.15.22.58.48.866668@TAKEOUTverizon .net...

If my cpu temp ever got to 60C I'd shut it down. There's just no reason to
run it that high. Most cases have at least a spot for an intake fan in the
lower front and at least one exhuast fan in the rear. Since the PSU also
provides an exhaust, if you are only going to put in one fan it should be
an intake fan at the bottom front. And if you cut the metal out that
blocks the airflow in front of the fan you can double the airflow into the
case. I do this to every case I use. And most of the time I also have to
either drill larger holes in the plastic front or cut out some plastic
also to get unrestricted air to the fan. It makes a huge difference, and
it makes the fan quieter too since it's not starving for air and
whining. Short of having decent case cooling, I'd leave the side cover

off.

Well I have a very dark grey case (yes this just obsorbes even more heat!)
and it is plastic....it is not a plain flat metal front...it has plastic
ribs down that the front.....don't get me wrong I am not saying it looks all
that amazing but it would look terrible if I cut it to bits...I have put an
intake fan on the lower front and have also put two outtake fans in the
spaces below the psu outake at the back and as I have said in my other post
it has made a great difference....I could leave the side cover off also but
to me that just seems a bit sloppy...The case should be able to sustain a
cool temp fully built......hmmmm....

I guess i want the least amount of dust in side the tower as poss....I am a
slob and my bedroom has not been vacuumed in years (seriously...no joke!)
p....

Cheers

Craig....