Old April 21st 04, 06:16 PM
Wayne Wastier

"General Schvantzkoph" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 10:43:06 -0500, Wayne Wastier wrote:

Thanks Jason. Here are the specs:

http://www.antec-inc.com/specs/p303xp_spe.html

"Jason Cothran" wrote in message
. ..

"Wayne Wastier" wrote in message
| I think I probably need to update my PSU, but... my funds are little
short
| this month, and so I wonder if it will work with my present PSU.
|

| Antec 300 Watt Model #:PP-303XP
| ABIT K8T800 KV8-MAX3 Retail
| AMD64 3200+ Retail

If it is a GOOD 300w power supply with a true rating, then yes, it will
work
flawlessly. If it is a cheap power "300w" power supply, then it is
probably
only about 180-200 in real world conditions at best. I have a A64 3200+
running on a 350w enermax power supply without a hitch. Of note, that PC
also has DVD burner and DVD-rom, ATI 9800XT, two SATA hard drives, 4
90mm
fans, and one 80mm fan plugged directly in. I am not sure of the rating
system Antec uses, but there goods are typically respectable.

It looks a little undersized. Does it have the extra 4 pin 12V connector?
(the 4 pin connector is on "P4" compatible supplies, you'll need it for an
AMD64 system also).

Yes, it has that, and the other connector for AMD boards.