Old April 21st 04, 07:30 AM
goblin

Wes Newell wrote in
newsan.2004.04.21.06.19.08.395272@TAKEOUTverizon .net:

On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 22:25:45 -0500, Wayne Wastier wrote:

I think I probably need to update my PSU, but... my funds are little
short this month, and so I wonder if it will work with my present
PSU.

Antec 300 Watt Model #:PP-303XP
ABIT K8T800 KV8-MAX3 Retail
AMD64 3200+ Retail

I doubt it. Mine wouldn't work on a 400watt that I ran my XP system
on. Not even close. I'm still using it in my XP system though without
a problem. For the 64 system I ordered 3 new PSU's, a 500W, 550W, and
600W. The 500W was a Power Magic and it worked fine as did the others
which were Lead Power. The 500W was $15 shipped from amamax.com. So if
you can scrape up $15 you're in business. The 400W that didn't work
was a Powerline.

http://www.amamax.com/psspecial2fnlp6100e.html

I have a 450W powering a64 3200+, 4 hard drives, cd burner, dvd burner,
wintv card, and usb camera. No problems and almost no heat either.