Old August 16th 03, 02:45 AM
Tom Scales

I've done it a few times, but it has been a long, long time. I assume you
have it jumpered properly?

Tom
"Jean" wrote in message
In article , "Tom Scales"

wrote:
Should work just fine. Nothing magic about a Compaq, even with those

non-DOS
partitions.

Check it out in XP Disk manager

Really ? I checked disk management and it shows that disk is there. It

doesn't
show paritions or any drive letters though .

"Jean" wrote in message
In article , "Rick"

wrote:
"Jean" wrote in message
Hello,

I am trying to salvage some data from a Compaq 5192 hdd . I put
the hdd into another PC, and BIOS checks the drive ok. Windows on

the
other hand does not recognize the parition. I guess its because of

the
compaq
paritition on the hdd ?

What I would like to do is to get access to the DATA partition on

that
hdd, I
don't care if that drive works again in Compaq or not. I just need

move
the
data over to another hdd.

What do I need ?

thanks

What type of partition is on the drive (fat, ntfs etc) and what

version
of Windows are you trying to see it under?

Rick

Hello Rick,

It came with windows 98, fat 32 partition. I am trying to see it under

XP
pro.
If thats a problem, I have access to another PC with 98se and 2k pro.

Thanks!