Old August 14th 03, 04:48 AM
Jean

In article , "Rick" wrote:
"Jean" wrote in message
news:tfm_a.134357$YN5.91212@sccrnsc01...
Hello,

I am trying to salvage some data from a Compaq 5192 hdd . I put
the hdd into another PC, and BIOS checks the drive ok. Windows on the
other hand does not recognize the parition. I guess its because of the compaq
paritition on the hdd ?

What I would like to do is to get access to the DATA partition on that hdd, I
don't care if that drive works again in Compaq or not. I just need to move

the
data over to another hdd.

What do I need ?

thanks

What type of partition is on the drive (fat, ntfs etc) and what version
of Windows are you trying to see it under?

Rick

Hello Rick,

It came with windows 98, fat 32 partition. I am trying to see it under XP pro.
If thats a problem, I have access to another PC with 98se and 2k pro.

Thanks!