Old July 12th 03, 07:30 AM
MICHAEL

XP is by far the most stable OS that Windows has produced,been running it
for a year and a half
without a major problem,and very few minor ones that were much easier to
correct than other versions.
It is also far superior when it comes to installing and detecting new
hardware.Never tried ME,but XP is
a major improvement over 98,which was the worst OS I ever used.
"HH" wrote in message
. ..
XP upgrade should work great.Be sure you have at least 256MB of RAM, 512

is
better.
HH

"David" Dave wrote in message ...
I was wondering if it would be worth the cost and effort. I'm planning

on
hanging on to the machine maybe another year (at the most), or giving it

someone who's going off to college.

ME is getting more troublesome every day.

Thanks in advance.