Old July 2nd 03, 06:33 PM
Irene

I'm afraid that you are battling a lost cause. Every OEM service facility
that we have dealt with has told us the same thing. We must remove any added
hardware, BEFORE the will even begin to work on the computer.

If you weren't told this, you probably should have been; but that is going
to be tough to prove.

I think that I would just chalk it up to a lesson learned and remember
Compaq's attitude when it comes time to buy another computer. I would most
certainly remember it and not make the same mistake twice, should you ever
have to have another computer sent or taken in for service.

"Martian" wrote in message
om...
My new Compaq laptop developed a serious problem in March, and I ended
up sending it back for repairs after hours on the phone. They
replaced the M-board, and when they returned it, they had removed my
RAM upgrade. I e-mailed them about it and was told "the right amount
of RAM is installed." Then I e-mailed and got no response. Then I
called and we've spoken over the phone repeatedly ever since. Compaq
has spent way more than the $100 I spent on the RAM on phone calls!

I was just advised that their repair facility says they "did return
the RAM to the customer" and closed their case and they refuse to
discuss it further! I still do not have my RAM! I would tell anyone
seriously considering buying a Compaq or HP to buy a Dell. We have
had excellent service from Dell with our desktop. Compaq has taken my
property and apparently has no intention of returning it. I suspect
small claims court is my only recourse at this point.

Anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks.