Old July 2nd 03, 12:44 AM
Eddy

"Martian" wrote in message
om...
My new Compaq laptop developed a serious problem in March, and I ended
up sending it back for repairs after hours on the phone. They
replaced the M-board, and when they returned it, they had removed my
RAM upgrade. I e-mailed them about it and was told "the right amount
of RAM is installed." Then I e-mailed and got no response. Then I
called and we've spoken over the phone repeatedly ever since. Compaq
has spent way more than the $100 I spent on the RAM on phone calls!

I was just advised that their repair facility says they "did return
the RAM to the customer" and closed their case and they refuse to
discuss it further! I still do not have my RAM! I would tell anyone
seriously considering buying a Compaq or HP to buy a Dell. We have
had excellent service from Dell with our desktop. Compaq has taken my
property and apparently has no intention of returning it. I suspect
small claims court is my only recourse at this point.

Anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks.

I think SCC, would be flogging a dead horse, as it were, you would have to
prove that you sent the laptop with the extra ram in it, and I don't think
your word would stand in court, have you any solid evidence that the ram was
there?, if you think about, you could have court fees on top of what you
have already lost, or got stolen from you, so I think you should just stay
away from compaq from now on, and tell as many people to stay away from them
as you can, I'm sure you can stop 5 or 6 people from buying a compaq brand
laptop/home computer.

Eddy

---