Old July 6th 03, 04:13 PM
Jason Becker

Chris Wilkinson wrote in message ...
Hi there,

Jason Becker wrote:
(EE) NVIDIA(0): Failed to initialize the NVIDIA kernel module!
(EE) NVIDIA(0): *** Aborting ***
(EE) Screen(s) found, but none have a usable configuration.

/etc/X11/XF86Config-4 contains the definitions for screens, monitors,
drivers etc...

It all looks good... The same config file works fine (Tuxracer,
Chromium) once I manually install the module/driver. To be more
specific, the only time there seems to be a problem is upon
boot/reboot. With the Nvidia driver the screen flickers a few times
(normal) but instead of the Nvidia splash screen I get the init 3
console screen.

Try running Mandrake Control Center to make sure all your monitor,
screen res, display manager chooser etc settings are correct (max
refresh rates etc...), then check the above file to see they read
OK.

Also looks good. I did try changing from the Mandrake DM to the KDE DM
but that didn't help.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Cheers