Old July 6th 03, 12:24 AM
Jason Becker

Default 1.0-4363 Linux driver - Failed to initialize the NVIDIA kernel module!

Hi All.

I have a Nvidia GeForce2 MX 400 video card that I'm using with
Mandrake 9.1. I installed the latest Nvidia driver available from:

http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?IO=li..._ia32_1.0-4363

Problem is that it seems rather flakey. It will work for awhile and
then X will fail to load. The /var/log/mdkkde.log writes the following
entry:

-begin-

Using vt 7
(EE) NVIDIA(0): Failed to initialize the NVIDIA kernel module!
(EE) NVIDIA(0): *** Aborting ***
(EE) Screen(s) found, but none have a usable configuration.

Fatal server error:
no screens found

-end-

If I:

insmod ./nvidia.o

it will work fine again, for awhile.

Anyone else experienced the same? I think this driver is buggy. This
is becoming rather annoying...

Thanks in advance.

Cheers