Old July 4th 03, 01:17 AM
Lyle

On Thu, 3 Jul 2003 21:48:01 +0200, "Flow" wrote:

Don't buy the fx5600 it's not so fast as you would think.
If you have money to burn go for the fx5900 ultra or take the cheaper
ti4200.

"Dennis" schreef in bericht
Sytem:
P4 1.8
768 mgbr
GFX5200

Ive started playing StarWars Galaxies, (great game) and my frame rates

are
around 12 FPS. It drops to around 8 in busier areas. In short they suck!

dont even have the graphics cranked 1/2 way. Even while playing WWIIOL I
noticed my FPS did not improve much over my previous GEF400MX. So I am
budgeting to spend a little more money, OK the Wife says I can spend

$200.00
or under. So what would you guys recommend is out there to fit in that
budget and be the optimal card for games. I really will need something to
take my another year or so down the road, performance wise. (Please no

ATI
references I simply will not use them). so a GeF4200? or GeF5600....

Dennis

i have a athalon 1600xp(1.4 ghz)
1gb ram
geforce fx 5900 non ultra

and star wars galaxies rocks on my system, and i have all the options
cranked to max.