Old July 3rd 03, 06:31 PM
Strontium

I see your KillFile threat, was idle...what a loser.... Where is your killfile,
asswipe? With a name like 'Les', I'd think it was with your butt-toys

-
Les stood up, at show-n-tell, and said:

stood up, at show-n-tell, and said:

Your CPU/memory is your bottleneck. That card should rock.

I see you're still trying to extract your head from your
boi. In what world does a FX5200 "rock"??!?

-
Dennis stood up, at show-n-tell, and said:

Sytem:
P4 1.8
768 mgbr
GFX5200

Ive started playing StarWars Galaxies, (great game) and my frame
rates are around 12 FPS. It drops to around 8 in busier areas. In
short they suck! I dont even have the graphics cranked 1/2 way.
Even while playing WWIIOL I noticed my FPS did not improve much
over my previous GEF400MX. So I am budgeting to spend a little
more money, OK the Wife says I can spend $200.00 or under. So what
would you guys recommend is out there to fit in that budget and be
the optimal card for games. I really will need something to take my
another year or so down the road, performance wise. (Please no
ATI references I simply will not use them). so a GeF4200? or
GeF5600....

Dennis

Yes Dennis, a card upgrade would most definately improve your system.
I would reccomend an FX5600 U if you can find one in that range.

--
Scrotum

"I thought I'd lost you, somewhere. But you were, never, really
ever there at all. And, I want to get free..."

Strontium