Old July 3rd 03, 05:39 PM
Dave

Default OK Time for a better Vid Card

A 1.8 ghz P4 should be fine. Maybe he has one of the cheapy 64 bit memory
bus cards. Maybe drivers aren't loaded properly. What OS and what video
driver are you using, Dennis?
Dave

Strontium stood up, at show-n-tell, and said:

Your CPU/memory is your bottleneck. That card should rock.

-
Dennis stood up, at show-n-tell, and said:

Sytem:
P4 1.8
768 mgbr
GFX5200

Ive started playing StarWars Galaxies, (great game) and my frame
rates are around 12 FPS. It drops to around 8 in busier areas. In
short they suck! I dont even have the graphics cranked 1/2 way.
Even while playing WWIIOL I noticed my FPS did not improve much over
my previous GEF400MX. So I am budgeting to spend a little more
money, OK the Wife says I can spend $200.00 or under. So what would
you guys recommend is out there to fit in that budget and be the
optimal card for games. I really will need something to take my
another year or so down the road, performance wise. (Please no ATI
references I simply will not use them). so a GeF4200? or GeF5600....

Dennis

--
Strontium

"I thought I'd lost you, somewhere. But you were, never, really ever
there at all. And, I want to get free..."