Old July 3rd 03, 03:24 AM
Strontium

A buddy, at work, recently switched from nVidia to ATI (9500). He says
he'll never touch an nVidia card, again. He says the quality of the visuals
doesn't even touch the GF4 Ti's. I'm drooling, for the 9700, right now.
Had to get rid of my CPU/memory bottleneck, first. Dropped quite a bit of
cash, on that. So, have to wait another month or so...

-
LBJGH stood up, at show-n-tell, and said:

Thanks for the response ceedee. I figured if I showed up here saying
how much I liked my video card I'd get flamed.... I tried to be
non-confrontational, but I have to come in with my dukes up. What
gives.

Anyway, I haven't had a nvidia based card since my tnt2 card (a long
time ago). I had a 64mb Radeon VIVO card which was only mediocre
performance wise. I upgraded to a 9700pro and was happy with the
performance but missed the VIVO functions so I sold that card and got
an AIW9700pro.

People talk about image quality being the major difference between
Nvidia and ATI. You guys care to comment. Perhaps someone who
switched from ATI to Nvidia could comment.

tx
LBJGH

p.s. I'm still reading... and may type and hit send again.
"ceedee" wrote in message
Welcome to the group

a more appropriate post would be to tell us if you are
happy or not with the card you have
rather than just stating what it is which doesnt really add anything
to the mix

anyway enjoy your stay

ceedee

PS yes i top post i cant help myself Ive tried but i just cant do it
i dont have a wheel mouse and all that scrolling is a bitch please
forgive me

"casual observer" wrote in message
"LBJGH" wrote in message
le.rogers.com...
No ****ing matches... just came to check out the other guys...
currently running AIW9700pro @ 370core/666mem.

Just reading though the posts for interest sake...

Reading posts doesn't generally involve typing and hitting send

---

Strontium

"I thought I'd lost you, somewhere. But you were, never, really ever
there at all.. And, I want to get free..."