Old July 1st 03, 07:52 AM
Ron Merts

I agree, it's probably the video going through a "hard-reset" which is
causing the monitor to auto-config itself. While it may be un-nerving it's
probably just doing what it thinks is best to give you the best picture
since the "reset".

Ron

"Shaun" wrote in message

"Charles C. Drew" wrote in message
Don't do the update drivers from the Microsoft's Update page. Download

the
nforce drivers and install them like you normally have to. I have yet

get drivers installed successfully from Microsoft's Update page.

If I'm mistaken by what you mean by "MSI Live Update 2" facility, the

never
mind.

MSI live update, for MSI hardware. Not MS as in Microsoft. Obviously he

has
an MSI video card and the live update should work fine.

The reconfig issue might be simply just because the new drivers are for a
split second disabling the video card before it initializes the screenmode
that you have set in Windows. I've noticed things like this before with

new
driver versions, where they make the monitor completely reset upon mode
switching.

Personally, I wouldn't worry about it at all.