Old June 30th 03, 01:47 PM
Scott

Well in that case your only hope is to get hooked up in a Compaq user =
groups somewhere. You then might get hooked up with some resources out =
there, where others have had the same issue. Beyond that, my only =
recommendation is to build your own next time. I've been building my =
own rigs for 7 years now, and have never looked back.

Scott

"michael" wrote in message =
It's not a matter of shape or size,the motherboard connector uses a
completely different 24 pin arrangement from any other psu,and Compaq =

only
makes them in 235 and 250 watt models.Why they used such a low powered =

unit
in a Pentium 4 system is beyond me.I've searched for months for a =

third
party unit that would work,or even an adaptor to use with one,but it's
hopeless.
"Scott" wrote in message
Dude, your going to need to find a way to upgrade that power supply. =

If it
doesn't fit, then set it somewhere. 250W is cutting it very close for
today's high end, heat producing hardware.
=20
Scott
=20
=20
"michael" wrote in message
Presently I have a 64MB GeFORCE 2 MX 100/200 card installed in my

system.Are
there any better cards
available that will work properly with a 250 watt power supply?I =

can't
upgrade the psu,it's a Compaq
Presario with a proprietary design.I tried a Geforce 4
Ti 4200,it worked great even with games as recent as ELITE FORCE2 =

and
SoF2,but UNREAL 2 causes a complete shutdown.
The monitor shuts off,the system stops responding to anything,though =

the
power light remains on.Blackhawk Down also caused this.
I can only guess that these games caused too great a power demand =

with the
4200.

=20