Old June 30th 03, 08:23 AM
J.Clarke

On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 11:36:07 +0100
"Jdr" wrote:

"Dude" ? See what it means.

dude /dud, djud/ n. & v. slang (orig. US). L19. [Prob. f. G dial. =
fool(cf. LG dudenkop 'stupid head').]

Do you really think this is a suitable word for addressing people ?

In the United States in the early part of the 21st Century "dude" is
part of the vernacular. The use of "dude" as an equivalent to "pal",
"buddy", the British usage of "mate", and so on originated, I believe,
in the black community in the US some time in the 1960s and has since,
as a result of white people wanting to appear to be in touch with the
latest trends, become widespread, to the point that it was used by Dell
Computer as part of their advertising slogan recently, the slogan being
"Dude, you're gettin' a Dell". Since that time its use in the context
of"Dude, you're gettin' a (whatever)" has become a humorous way of
making a suggestion.

Strange....

"Scott" wrote in message

Dude, your going to need to find a way to upgrade that power supply.
If it doesn't fit, then set it somewhere.
250W is cutting it very close for today's high end,
heat producing hardware.

Scott

"michael" wrote in message
Presently I have a 64MB GeFORCE 2 MX 100/200 card installed in my

system.Are
there any better cards
available that will work properly with a 250 watt power supply?I
can't upgrade the psu,it's a Compaq
Presario with a proprietary design.I tried a Geforce 4
Ti 4200,it worked great even with games as recent as ELITE FORCE2
and SoF2,but UNREAL 2 causes a complete shutdown.
The monitor shuts off,the system stops responding to anything,though
the power light remains on.Blackhawk Down also caused this.
I can only guess that these games caused too great a power demand
with the 4200.

--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)