Old June 30th 03, 05:59 AM
michael

It's not a matter of shape or size,the motherboard connector uses a
completely different 24 pin arrangement from any other psu,and Compaq only
makes them in 235 and 250 watt models.Why they used such a low powered unit
in a Pentium 4 system is beyond me.I've searched for months for a third
party unit that would work,or even an adaptor to use with one,but it's
hopeless.
"Scott" wrote in message
Dude, your going to need to find a way to upgrade that power supply. If it
doesn't fit, then set it somewhere. 250W is cutting it very close for
today's high end, heat producing hardware.

Scott

"michael" wrote in message
Presently I have a 64MB GeFORCE 2 MX 100/200 card installed in my

system.Are
there any better cards
available that will work properly with a 250 watt power supply?I can't
upgrade the psu,it's a Compaq
Presario with a proprietary design.I tried a Geforce 4
Ti 4200,it worked great even with games as recent as ELITE FORCE2 and
SoF2,but UNREAL 2 causes a complete shutdown.
The monitor shuts off,the system stops responding to anything,though the
power light remains on.Blackhawk Down also caused this.
I can only guess that these games caused too great a power demand with the
4200.