Old June 28th 03, 02:16 AM
Jeremy Dimmick

"Dai" wrote in message
news:30kKa.15688$R73.2659@sccrnsc04...
Heya,

I know this is the wrong group but since there was some

intelligent feedback
going on here, figured this would be the best place to ask.

I seem to be having some Sound issues since upgrading to XP.

Sound loops,
sometimes crackling sounds, etc.

[snip]

To be honest, this seems to be very specific to particular hardware
configurations. I had all sorts of crackling problems with an
Audigy 1 on an AMD / VIA system (and it seems to be these systems
that experience these issues most often), but an Audigy 2 is now
running flawlessly on the same system. You here such conflicting
reports from different users that I hesitate to recommend it any
more strongly than to say that it works for me -- and is a damn fine
piece of kit for the money, especially with the breakout box that
comes with the Platinum eX.
jd