Old June 26th 03, 03:47 PM
Steven

Dai wrote:
Heya,

I know this is the wrong group but since there was some intelligent feedback
going on here, figured this would be the best place to ask.

I seem to be having some Sound issues since upgrading to XP. Sound loops,
sometimes crackling sounds, etc.

I am currently using Soundblaster, PCI 512. I have tried different slots on
my Motherboard and upgraded to the latest drivers. Although, the latest
drivers for XP on this card according to the Creative labs sight is dated
2001 ??!!??

So...any recommended sound cards? or is there a general site like the one I
got from here, guru3d.com for current sound drivers?

Most likely not the soundcard but an irq-sharing issue - once the sb-card is on
its own irq the problem goes away! XP is prone to this problem coz XP is
junkware...

:-)