Old August 22nd 03, 01:08 AM
Mark Taylor

Hello Helen

I do not use this combination but did have an issue with the various imaging
packages such as Ghost 2003, Drive Image 2002 & Acronis not recognising my
RAID and SATA drives correctly. I now use Powerquest Drive Image version 7
which not only images directly within XP but the recovery console aka DOS
type interface if you cannot boot your system also sees all of my RAID &
SATA devices as well as my external USB2 drives and Firewire (IEEE1394) DVD
burner. When you first run the recovery console it is very much like
installing XP and it asks you to press F6 to install RAID or other mass
storage device drivers. This is a great program as I do not need to reboot
into DOS to do images etc and I also have it scheduled to do them regularly
so I don't have to do it manually.

Hope this helps.
Mark

"Helen Chevy" wrote in message
After using Acronis True Image to make a successful image of my c: drive,
which is made up of two SATA Raptor drives on a SIL Raid 0 (Gigabyte

8INXP),
I find this program cannot restore the image. If I try it in XP, it can't
get around the services; if I try it outside of XP, it sees only the
separate disks and not the RAID drive. Folks at Acronis say they have
support for some RAID controllers but apparently not the SIL 3112.

Anyone out there know of a drive imaging program that will support the

SATA
Raid controller on these Gigabyte boards? Ghost? True Image?

Thanks!

Helen