Old August 21st 03, 05:31 AM
Bob Davis

I am running Kingston KVR400X64C3A/512's in two matched sets (2gb total) and
the computer is very stable. However, see my recent post "More on 8KNXP and
RAM compatibility" where I describe a problem running Memtest86 v3 and an
email from Gigabyte about 2.6v modules being incompatible with the 8KNXP.
These Kingston modules and apparently all Kingston PC3200's are 2.6v, but
although Gigabyte specs show that only 2.5v modules should be used both
Kingston and my vendor (Mwave.com) show these modules as compatible with the
mobo. Mwave even combines them in their motherboard bundle options.

I'm confused, and although my system is very stable I worry about any future
problems that may occur from this.

"Ken" wrote in message
Ive got corsair xms 3500C2 memory. Working fine here

Ken

"Lyle Rhodes" wrote in message
t...
I'm thinking of making the leap again... Last time with the GA-8IHXP

and
it
had memory issues... Now I'm looking at the 8KNXP and it appears to

have
issues as well... I read the Kingston 3500 is the way to go and that
Corsair is not... Is that correct??? What other brands should be
considered?

LR