Old September 19th 14, 05:52 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Haines Brown

Default SDRAM choice

Paul writes:

Haines Brown wrote:
Paul writes:

The dimensions in terms of the length of the modules, they
should all be the same length and pin count.

The height is tricky.

Yes, they should be the same length I would think. As you point out,
height is the tricky part, for the SDRAM can't be all owed to interfere
with the CPU cooler. I took that into account, and I if needed I can
switch the fan to make it a pull fan on the other side of the Cool
Master Hype 212 EVO cooler.

Notice the processor at the top of the chart requires BIOS
version B4.

Yes, the 4790K is my CPU, which requires BIOS version F4. Is the
implication that the Intel H97 - GA-H97-D3H (rev. 1.0) has it, or will I
have to start by flashing my BIOS? :-(

Once you're aware of the issue, you try to buy from a vendor with
lots of hardware turnover.

I purchased the MB from Newegg several weeks ago. You seem to imply that
if a vendor has high turnover, it is more likely to provide the Gigabyte
board with the updated BIOS. Other than asking the vendor directly, how
would one know what BIOS version a Gigabyte board has? My MB has dual
BIOS; does that have anything do do with version 4?

Haines