Old December 28th 06, 07:16 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Rod Speed

Default Core 2 and IDE HD

Ed Medlin wrote
Rod Speed wrote
DaveW wrote

You will most likely have to upgrade your motherboard to a current
Core 2 Duo compatilbe design. (You did not say which motherboard
you have.) WHENEVER you change the motherboard that a harddrive
with the OS on it has been using, then you MUST reformat the
harddrive and do a fresh install of the OS.

Wrong regardless of how often you keep repeating this stupid claim.

Otherwise you can look forward to ongoing Registry errors and data corruption.

Mindless pig ignorant silly stuff. XP has a repair install for a reason.

It doesn't do any good to keep telling him that Rod.

Yeah, I realise that. I keep pointing out the problem with his
stupid claim so the OP realises that the claim is just plain wrong.

I have been telling him the same thing for a couple of years.

Yeah, bout as useful as talking to a stone.

I think this system is on it's 2nd or 3rd MB with the same install of XP Pro with only an
uninstall of chipset drivers and a repair install and reinstalling new drivers........

I dont even bother with the uninstall. Works fine.

It may not work every time, but it will most always work without a problem at all.

Yeah, I've never had one fail.

I guess he just loves to spend a couple of days reinstalling apps....

The real problem is that he's a bonehead.

It isnt just that claim about a clean install, he has plenty of
other things he proclaims that are just plain wrong as well.

Its always been one of the more interesting aspects of relatively
complex technology, you will always get some boneheads that cant
manage to grasp that the world has moved on in a particular area.
They are so thick that they need rigid rules to go by and are so thick
that they dont even notice when those rigid rules no longer apply.

There's plenty of others just as thick, 'citizen bob', w_tom and Falconer particularly.