Old July 14th 03, 12:53 PM
bluestringer

"Wheat Muncher" wrote in message
Strontium put me in my place by writing

Video cards are either PCI, or AGP. And, no, I did not know what you
meant. You were way out, in left field, at least to me.

LOL...sorry then. Some of the Nvidia FX cards required two slots- The AGP
and the PCI1 slot. I am not sure if they ever made it onto the market with
that configuration, or if the vendors changed that. It was going to be a
headache at any rate, and the noise earned them the moniker "dustbuster"
That may have just been the prototype design, I never ordered any of these
cards simply because of that fact, but opted for the TI series. They are a
nice card.
Now going through some of my suppliers... it was a simple error on my
part...sorry to have upset you so.

--
Wheaty...

Gimme the ball... puhhllleeeeaaasssse gimme the ball!

The FX 5800 and 5900 take up the PCI next to the AGP slot, but it doesn't
use it. It only uses the AGP slot. The cooling system on them makes them
wider, so the PCI slot is covered by the card. The FX5200 is the budget card
and only requires the AGP slot. Most of them use passive cooling.

bluestringer