Old July 14th 03, 09:05 AM
Strontium

I wasn't aware that video cards had slots, on them?

-
Wheat Muncher stood up, at show-n-tell, and said:

John P. put me in my place by writing

PentiumPunk wrote:
Any comments about the nVidia GeForce FX 5200 card? Is it a good
buy, or no? How does it compare to ATI?

I have one. I'd tell you how it works, but I have no idea. I've never
managed to make it do that. One tech told me it was a compatibility
issue with my system (an HP), so I replace the MB, CPU, & Power
supply with **** hot new stuff... and the FX5200 still won't work.
Took that one back and got another one... that one doesn't work
either. Just freezes the system.

Do the 5200's have the AGP and PCI slot on them?
I wonder if it possibly has something to do with pallette snooping and
default boot display?
Just a quick thought...

--
Strontium

"Shortcuts are self-defeating. Mean. If you cannot do it,
clean, you'll never reach your reward..." - 311