Old July 5th 03, 11:54 PM
byteryder

Thanks for all the hepl people... Turned out my ports somehow got
configured wrong... Took the advice of one of ya in the NG and
reconfigured my ports, and the kids happinen again!

Now he's got a system again untill I put together a faster system from
parts in the garage for him....... then I can take his old system and
network it into the garage for scooter tips etc.

Expect a lot more dumb questions grin

Thanks Again

On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 22:18:15 GMT, "Some One"
wrote:

snip

did you get a real serial mouse
or did you by a ps/2 mouse and then use an adaptor you already had?

unless the mouse was designed to be used as serial or ps/2 it won't
work

if youir kid yanked on the cord, he could have damaged the mouse
but it's not likely he hurt the port itself
but it would not be a bad idea to open the case and check inside to

be sure
the wiring didn't come off

The Original Mouse was a REAL serial mouse. I couldn't find a real

one
at Futureless Shop, so had to buy a PS2 mouse and adapter to fit the
ps2 mouse and the serial port.

You need to get a serial mouse. Just because they make an adapter
doesn't mean it will work. The box should say "serial" or "PS/2 &
serial".