Old September 14th 05, 06:26 AM
budgie

On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 20:43:25 +0100, wayneb
wrote:

Unless I am very much mistaken, there are no jumpers/dipswitches that
change any
of the parameters you describe.
************************************************* *********
Thanks for looking in on this post. The laptop has a P120 CPU and I
wanted to run at at 133 (a slight overclock) or put in another CPU. I
assumed that I would be able to at least change the bus speed somewhere,
as various comments on boards seem to indicate that this laptop can run a
P133.

I have a 133 and a 150, with the same board.

I will experiment with AMD K5's or Cyrix CPU's if I can get them.
Do I have to prise the CPU out of the non ZIF socket? Or does the plastic
"bar" on the side of the socket that says "lock" actually slide?

Eeek! Of course you don't have to prise it out.

I've just uploaded the 370 User Guide and the Service Manual to my "web page"
(which is used just for transferring files that choke some mailboxes). If you
give me a valid addie I'll email the details.