Old February 1st 04, 11:36 PM
Wayne Youngman

"TomG" wrote
the only thing I am not sure about with the AI7, is that it has uGuru on

it
and it does not appear to have a way to be disabled. this in turn forces
you to use only uGuru for temperature monitoring and such as it has a lock
on the sensor ports.

Hi TomG,
I read the same thing. . .

snip

AI7 BIOS 14 - Released Date: 2003-11-18
3) Disable Winbond W83627HF sensor unit to prevent incorrect CPU voltage
information shown in some third party software.
http://tinyurl.com/3yhon

snip

I am a big fan of Motherboard-Monitor, used it for years (you can *tweak* it
great) love the periodic HTML-based log. But I figure that ABIT have put
some effort into the *hardware-monitoring* uGuru chip, so I am naturally
curious what this new chip can do. I like the concept of having the
motherboard turning up the rpm's of fans according to temps (I think ASUS
has had this feature for a while, Q-Fan?). It seems all the new ABIT boards
will carry this feature?

It's funny I remember when you bought your IC7-G and the P4 2.4Ghz, that's
why I asked if you upgraded! Now IIRC that would have been about 6-7 months
ago? I remember reading up on the board at the time, looked v nice but in
the U.K it was about £150.00 and the CPU's were about £200. Am I right in
thinking that the Springdale & Canterwoods are only about 6-7 months old?
--
Wayne ][
new specs coming soon!