Old February 1st 04, 05:22 PM
Wayne Youngman

Default Performance Acceleration Technology (P.A.T)

Hi,
just trying to get some *confirmation* about this tech. I understand that
it is meant to be a bonus feature of the Canterwood chipset that somehow
makes the memory work faster. What I wont to know now is whether this
feature only works when you run your FSB and memory bus *synchronously* as
in 1:1.

I seem to be reading stuff that says it is not available when you run say in
5:4 ratio?

If this is the case then its a great *leveller* between Springdale and
Canterwood chipsets, where someone wants to run 5:4 ratios. . .Is this true,
or am I misinformed?

I am reading about G.A.T now, an ABIT feature similar to PAT for Springdale
chipsets. .

V I P E R L A I R .com Game Accelerator Technology
http://tinyurl.com/3eex5

Looks cool, and seems to be getting great results in web reviews (lol
Streetracer, F1, sound funny)
--
Wayne ][
new specs coming soon!