Old December 20th 04, 08:34 AM
jeffdude

Default Verify Problem with Driver Image 2002

Rod Speed wrote:
nameless wrote in message
Rod Speed wrote
nameless wrote
wrote

After what appears to be a trouble-free backup (approx. 16

gigs),
Drive Image 2002 returns an error 1831 (can't find an image

file)
after verifying approx. 60% of the backup. Drive Image 2002

breaks
the backup into 2 gig files. After the error, I took a look at

the
backup files and noticed that the 4th or 5th file (of 7) had an
"Image Explorer" icon next to it, whereas the remaining files

had
generic MS-DOS type icons next to them. All 7 backup files were
numbered correctly (both name and extension: Backup.pqi,

Backup.002,
Backup.003, Backup.004, etc.). The file in question was not

hidden
and didn't reveal any other "abnormal" properties that I could

see.
FWIW, the backup was accomplished
in DOS mode. I'm running Windows XP.

Although I haven't tried it yet, if Drive Image 2002 can't find

an
image file to verify it, I'm assuming it probably won't be able

find the image file during a restore--not good by any means.

This always happens to me when I try to store images
on NTFS-formatted partitions. The solution, which is a
lousy one, is to use FAT32 if possible. However,
WinXP inherently limits FAT32 formatting to 32 GB.

Not if you create the FAT32 partition using something
else. XP is happy to use 32GB FAT32 partitions.

Indeed. I used to use PartitionMagic for that purpose, until I
dumped it. I have BootitNG, and that will do the job. Do you know
of any Windows apps that can format 32GB FAT32 partitions?

A Win98 startup floppy will do that fine. And do the fdisk too.

Any Win98 bootable distribution CD will too.

Seems a nice niche for a little freebie app.

I presume that the free partition managers
will too, havent bothered with them tho.