Old August 30th 04, 11:27 AM
HH

The QuickRestore CDs have the complete original software image.After you run
it, it will restart with the original boot sequence.
HH

"Kevin S." wrote in message
So, if I order the Quick Restore kit, will the CDs contain all of the
original software that came with my laptop? Or will it be just a boot CD
that reads from the Quick Restore partition (which does not exist on the
laptop)?

Thanks
-Kevin

"HH" wrote in message
Order the QuickRestore kit ftrom 800-841-2761. It's $10.
HH

"Kevin S." wrote in message
I received a Compaq Presario 1700 Notebook (model number 17XL365) from

my
neighbor a while ago. The laptop's OS (Windows XP) was in bad shape, so

decided to reformat the whole hard drive. Big mistake. After formatting

the
whole hard drive, I found out that the Quick Restore CD only contains
1.44
megabytes of information! The CD only loads a command prompt.

Anyways, I have been looking at Compaq/HP's website and have found
nothing
on how to repair this laptop. The laptop's default OS is Windows Me.

Is there any way I can get this thing running with Windows Me in

factory
condition? Any place I could get a CD that contains all of the restore
information... not just a lousy boot disk?

(Now, if we really want to get into detail, I also destroyed any hope

of
my
aunt's computer coming back to Windows Me also. They don't know that
yet.)

Thanks for the help. It is GREATLY appreciated.
-Kevin S.